Each December, this scholarship announcement is furnished to South Dakota high school counselors and financial aid offices and instructors at post secondary schools. This announcement is also available from the SDSWMA website (www.sdswma.org). To apply, submit an application letter. Application letters must be postmarked no later than January 15 of each year, for the following school year. Further information can be obtained by contacting SDSWMA by phone 605-216-3256 or sending an email to SDSWMA at email@example.com. Click below to download the scholarship application and frequently asked questions.
What information must be supplied in the application letter?
- A cover letter containing and explaining
- Contact Information
- Back ground
- Work history and/or extra curricular activity
- Financial need
- Goals for the future and career goals
- Applicants must furnish a copy of their most recent grade transcript – However, this scholarship is not awarded based on grades or overall GPA. We are more interested in your dedication and goals for the future.
- Three letters of reference.
- High School seniors applying for a scholarship must include an acceptance certificate from the postsecondary institution they will be attending.
- Submit application letters to:
- Attention: Scholarship Program
- PO Box 89802
- Sioux Falls, SD 57109
How are scholarships awarded?
The SDSWMA Board President appoints a committee of SDSWMA members who review all applications. Applications are reviewed on a point system basis and those applications with the highest points are awarded scholarships.
How many scholarships are awarded?
The number of scholarships and the dollar amount awarded vary from year to year. In 2017, $8,000 in scholarships were awarded!